Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Message from Josh

We got this message from Josh and I thought that I would share. We are so very proud of Josh, but I think he should stay in the back.

I am no longer the XO for "A" Company, I am the Attack Platoon Leader as of today (01Feb10). I am in charge of 6 pilots and 11 crew chiefs.

Some other good news that I was not expecting, in a ceremony yesterday the 82nd Brigade Commander (full bird Colonel) gave me an Army Commendation Medal for heroism in helping to save the life of the Bulgarian Ranger in Kandahar by providing first aid to him after injuries sustained from a rocket attack on 14Jan10.

Here is a link to an article I found online that talks about the attack.
http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=112319

1 comment:

Karen said...

That is awesome... Congratulations! But I am with you, that is pretty scary stuff.